AudioRealism Forum Index AudioRealism

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ABL2.9.0 VST for Windows 64-bit Open Beta now available!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: ABL2.9.0 VST for Windows 64-bit Open Beta now available! Reply with quote

This is the 64-bit version of ABL2 which requires a 64-bit VST host to run. Some hosts such as FL Studio include a wrapper and can run 64-bit plug-ins.

Beta 4 (not yet!)
- Added additional code to make registration keys stick and management easier

Download Beta 3 for Windows
http://www.audiorealism.se/abl2/Install_ABL290_BETA3_WIN64.zip
- Fixed: Buttons would not light up when in demo mode
- Fixed: Dialogs now modal again
- Added: Knob sensitivity property in Gui.ini
- Changed: Default knob sensitivity is slightly lower

Download Beta 2 for Windows
http://www.audiorealism.se/abl2/Install_ABL290_BETA2_WIN64.zip
Note: This version includes both the 32-bit (ABL3.dll) and 64-bit (ABL3_x64.dll) versions of the plug-in

Download for Mac
Coming soon!

New in this version (2.9.0)
* Added 64-bit support
* Improved Windows compatability by storing patches and other files under My Documents
* Improvements to the 303 engine
* Patches are now stored in .pat and .param files instead of embedding the parameters into the .pat via meta-tags

Please note
This version installs along side ABL2 and is called ABL3 (but it is not officially ABL3 yet). You can use your current license code for ABL2. If you don't have a license code for ABL2 you can run and try this version in demo mode.

Also as usual with these things, please be careful with installing betas on sensitive machines. We don't want to hear our beta broke your final mix and pushed you song release back days! Try it in a safe environment first.

Bug reports
As this is an open beta we appreciate any bugreports. You can either email bugs to support@audiorealism.se or post them here in the forum. By the way, we also like success reports if by any chance everything is working fine for you!

Very important
Please be clear on which host, OS and computer you are using when submitting bug reports.

Happy testing! Smile

Mike / AudioRealism

Last edited by Mike on Tue May 29, 2012 7:09 am; edited 11 times in total
LarsErik
ABL:er

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet!!!! Very Happy
CosmicD

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just messing around a bit and found something weird by accident.

You can actually close the plugin while the license screen is active and then, cubase will totally hang on exit and you have to kill the process manually.

I'm using cubase 6.5 64bit.
Mike
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CosmicD, thanks for that report. Will check it out!
CosmicD

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ow, to be more precise, by "closing the plugin" I don't mean just close the window, but completely unload it in the F10 instruments menu. (that's possible with the license dialog still open and then you get this cubase hang.
Mike
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CosmicD, the window should be modal, i.e you should not be able to access other windows beneath it until it is dismissed. But window management seems to have changed a bit in windows 64-bit so I need to check that out.
CosmicD

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it also normal that, when you play your sequence in low cutoff filtering, you hear pops at the beginning and end of each step (note). It's not high frequency clicks or anything but just low frequency pops. Maybe it's part of the emulation, I never played with a real 303.

I know that the access virus does this on purpose with 0 attack setting to be able to make organ sounds. Just asking.
easymode
ABL:er

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike

I don't want to store settings and files where M$ want me to, i'd like everything as before, all in ABL plugin folder, is it possible to keep this structure (as an option).
Say, when ABL finds its files and stuff in its own folder, it doesnt look nor write in windows folder ?

Thanks
Mike
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Easymode,

Unfortunately no, we pretty much have to install into the User Documents or similar folder. I wish we could store all the files with the plug-in but it causes problems and a lot of support mail.

--Mike
Mike
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CosmicD wrote:
Is it also normal that, when you play your sequence in low cutoff filtering, you hear pops at the beginning and end of each step (note). It's not high frequency clicks or anything but just low frequency pops. Maybe it's part of the emulation, I never played with a real 303.

I know that the access virus does this on purpose with 0 attack setting to be able to make organ sounds. Just asking.

There might be a bug in ABL2.9 causes it to click more than it should. I'll check it out. But a real 303 has quite a lot of clicks, something which ABL emulates. You can turn this off in the preferences menu.

--Mike
CosmicD

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe you're right it doesn't sound "authenticly natural" when you disable it, I guess it's a matter of taste to decide if you want to disable the clicks.

I'd say it has more punch when the clicks are enabled, I was just confused to if you should hear it at the end of a note too.

But as I don't know how intense it is in the real 303, I shall refrain myself from any "know how" Razz
Mike
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Just uploaded Beta 2 which now includes both 32-bit and 64-bit builds of the plug-in. Please let me know if there are any problems!

If you already are using the 64-bit version in projects you can rename ABL3_x64.dll to ABL3.dll.

--Mike
Trancer Spacey

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: FL-Studio Reply with quote

Hi Mike - I use it in FL-Studio and the update sounds fat! Smile

But I see nothing. The GUI is not shown, just a black box in the Fruity-Wrapper. But knobs react, when you luckily find them.

In the actuall FL-Beta it won't open anyway. Always get the message in the wrapper "Plugin closed".

Best wishes and thank you!

EDIT:

I copied the ABL3.dll into the old folder of ABL2 where all skins are, but this doesn't solve the skin-problem. And I can't find the 32-bit dll-version. There is only a ABL3.dll file in the installed folder. FL-Studio says this is the 64-bit version.
soundsubs

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonar X1d also thinks this version is 64 bit because it wont show up in the plugin list.
Mike
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok the installer may be messed up, will check it again tomorrow.

Trancer Spacey, did you have a chance to check beta 1?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AudioRealism Forum Index -> User Community All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: